May 11, 2017

Letter of Recommendation #1

Letter of Recommendation for Tyas Dessandie

I am Sutanto. Currently I am the Head of Mathematical Modelling Research Group of Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS). Tyas Dessandie has requested me to write her a letter of recommendation. Every year, I am approached by several dozens of students who request a letter of recommendation. However, I end up recommending only a bit of them. Because recommendation letter is very serious business. I will write if only I am convinced that the student is right for the program that she is applying for.

It is my pleasure to highly recommend Tyas Dessandie for Short Course Program at Utrecht University, Netherland. I have known Tyas for the past three years as she has taken the following course which I teach, the entrepreneurial class during the second semester of 2013. Tyas first approached me about the possibility to realize an unique business model canvas about “IDR 100 mineral water”, a business concept that take advantage of the expanding market for drinking water. “IDR 100 mineral water” offers home and office delivery of drinking water and customer only spend IDR 100 per gallon of water. She is an undergraduate student with excellent entrepreneurial skill, willing to learn new things even if it goes beyond her comfort zone. Her passion in business have brought her to founded her own creative company.

In this year, I supervised Tyas as my student to finish her final project as the final requirement to graduate from Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS). Her final project idea about supply chain management for aviation industry is especially impressive. Her project titled “Determination Inventory Level for Aircraft Spare Parts Using ABC-Fuzzy Classification Method and Continuous Review Model” was among the few excellent projects carried out in the Department. It combines mathematical economics, statistics, and business. Her project parallels the industrial engineering philosophy that combines the quantitative methods of mathematics with an applied science in order to solve real problems. She broaden her knowledge according to her own objects of interest.

I can say that I am deeply impressed by her good initiative and brilliants ideas. Alongside key problem solving skills, she has strong communication skills. Her way on presenting material to audience is very convicing and she is also able to maintain the mood of the audience thus keeping the focus of the audience well maintained, so I have ensured that this program is integral to her passion. It is my belief these qualities would make her a good student for your program. Conversely, your program will help provide Tyas Dessandie with the highest skills, experience and qualifications for increased knowledge about her passion in business and supply chain management. I will be pleased to answer any additional questions you may have.

Kind Regards,

Dr. Sutanto, DEA.
Head of Mathematical Modelling Research Group
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Universitas Sebelas Maret
Phone: +62 813-2794-1607
Email: sutantomipa@gmail.com

0 komenkomen:

Post a Comment

Wow.. I love comments! you just made my day! Thanks